Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: October Entry: New meets old

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    Redrobes, that is just nuts!

-Rob A>
    quoted for truth
    Something witty and pithy

Im not sure what you just did, but I want to see more pictures.

Do you plan to actually use that in a game? That'd be pretty cool to see.

Blog Entries

Well recently I have been upgrading an old toy which I developed many years ago because I think nowadays it could get more use than when I started. Its a 3D object scanner which can take certain objects and by by shining a laser and using a digi camera, it can convert them into 3D data for use with stuff like light wave or blender or whatever. So during the last couple of months I have been at work on that in my spare time.

http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=2938

Most months I use the challenge to test out stuff which I would be doing anyway and try to incorporate the work into the challenge and make a thing out of it. That kind of makes the testing more real world and constrained so as to push me a bit. For example, this month the scan for this bit of terrain came out quite rough and not really good enough because there wernt enough polygons to do the job properly. It was because of this limitation in light wave that I changed to try Blender so that next time I might be able to use twice or more points for something like this. So thats prompted me to learn it...

http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=3103

... which is where all this came from. Now I know how to use Blenders sclupt tools which would have helped immensely on this particular challenge so thats how I learn more stuff with more apps and tools. So the last few days I have been playing with UV mapping and would like to try some 'normal' mapping too. Just bought some clay as well as I found the plasticene too hard to work with. So it all just branches out and you quickly find that there are more options to try out than you have time to do them and thats why I am always too busy I guess.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12