I have been having a blast now. I dont know every key stroke for sure. That will probably take months or years to know everything there is to know about this large and powerful app but I think I have enough of the gist of it now to be able to do most of what I was doing in LW. Its taken about 4-5 evenings of quite hard ice chipping to break it out of the mystery and I have some background experience of these sorts of apps so gauge it by that yardstick.

I hope that I have shed at least some light on what to do with it and that might make the uphill transition a bit easier.

Heres my render from fixing up my mesh and getting some ground texture in like I did in my Oct Challenge. Ill add this pic to that thread and I might now re-render that challenge entry based on these new tools at my disposal.

I'll answer any questions as best I can but I think my blog is done. I havent learned much more - I did a bit with material indexes on the ship which was pretty much as expected. Just more of the same tonight and getting more comfortable and familiar with it.