Quote Originally Posted by StillCypher View Post
I'm not real sold on the video idea, but that's because as I'm going through a tutorial, I like to stop and try the theory out for myself -- and sometimes I go back and forth within the tutorial, which is a pain when it's in video format. But that's just my two cents!

Hmm.. I think I am quite a bit in the same boat. Would you take a quick look at my post for the GIMP version? In mine, my videos are sound less and only 20-80 seconds in length. I then explain in the post exactly (4-10 bullet points) what I am doing in each step of the video. Do you think this would be a good format for you (and most others) to learn? ie, short, quick, hit and run videos?

I broke mine up for many, many reasons, but one of the primary ones was the total size of the video. I wanted to make sure the video quality we pretty darn high so people could see the details well... of course, this bumps up the total size. So, instead of creating one 1 GB 10 minute video file I opted for hit and run do these 2-3 techniques enough to see a difference in the visible image. Another reason I did short ones was because I tend to hit the wrong thing (wrong menus, etc) and I did not want to waste bandwidth with my mistakes and short videos are easy to rerecord quickly.

I personnaly think that this short video technique has many good benefits to it, and at least for me... is the way I will be going from now on. Of course, I need to find a better place to host them instead of from my dropbox account site.. but thats a different story.

Arcana? Any thoughts on posssibly having moderated access to upload videos or something like that hosted on the main site?