Quote Originally Posted by Human Jackalope View Post
I am having problems with the overlay stuff. The cloud texture does not want to show through very well. The picture that I have attached is what my shoreline looks like with the land mask and the land clip layers invisible.

"That technique (the Three-Layer-Sandwich of noise, shape and threshold clip layer, or TLS for short ) will be a basic technique that will be used over and over again,"
I am messing this step up somehow. I have the newest Gimp 2.6 so maybe something has changed since the tutorial was written but it is most likely that I am simply missing some certain step.
Could someone step by step the noise, shape, threshold clip for me as they do it? I redid my entire map four times, following RobA's instructions to a "T" and still can't get it right. The only difference is my background is all white instead of a scanned picture.

Using the PDF's, could you tell me exactly where (page number) and I will be happy to help ya out later tonight if no one else beats me to it. Unfortunately, I am not a place to reference the stuff directly right now to figure out where you are in the steps, but this looks close based on what I remember from the tutorial.