Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Upstairs Wizard Tower

Oh, no rush! Commissions are more important, and I can wait Doesn't have to be today! Also, for anyone curious: I ended up going with the Huion 610Pro, since I'm new at this, I thought I'd start small and the reviews for it were really really good.

I just looked that tablet up - it seems to have a lot of good reviews. There seem to be a number of good tablets coming out of China lately. A while ago I heard good things about one made by a company called Hanvon. It will be interesting to hear you find it.

And J.Edward: I use an Intuos 4 Medium. Best thing I ever bought!
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    I just looked that tablet up - it seems to have a lot of good reviews. There seem to be a number of good tablets coming out of China lately. A while ago I heard good things about one made by a company called Hanvon. It will be interesting to hear you find it.

And J.Edward: I use an Intuos 4 Medium. Best thing I ever bought!
    Not sure why I thought you used a Bamboo... but a tablet is ground breaking for digital drawing. No question.
    My own is still the best thing I ever bought myself too.

Saria - okay, so I did a little bit. I'll state ahead that I'm generally crap with tutorials so this may or may not help.
    If you want the full .psd files to look at I can send them to you.
    I saved a copy of you map and then did a few layers over it and tried to explain some of what I was doing.
    If you've any questions I'll try to answer them.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WizardTower-Fulltower - tips1.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	988.3 KB 
ID:	79152
    Then a screen capture to explain the layers

Name:	Saria - screen 1.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	460.0 KB 
ID:	79153

Ohmygosh. I am literally speechless right now. This is... amazing. And gorgeous. And so nice of you to do this for me. I'm going to stare at these for a while and see if I can process everything that's in here. How can I ever thank you for such an awesome tutorial, taking my work and showing what I could improve is an utterly perfect way of teaching. Thank you!!

I would love the files, if you happen to be willing to share them! Also, I love how you took my sketch and used that as the basis for the rest. It's really wonderful. I'm going to see what I can create and hopefully show an updated version. I think I also learnt that the smudge tool looks like its very useful - I'm going to go do some tutorials on how to use that effectively as well.

THANK YOU!!

Wip

Well - it is time for the update!

I made the bed, carpets, barrels, doors and crates myself too. Slowly building up some useful things.

I'm a bit nervous posting this since it's a follow-up to the lovely tutorial I just got. Hopefully I was able to incorporate some of those examples in my own style and add some of my own. Let me know what you think!

I think I'm pretty much done... but I always tinker for way too long.

Name:	WizardTower - WIP8.png 
Views:	170 
Size:	6.26 MB 
ID:	79338

It's looks great saria.
    I think you did well incorporating those suggestions.

Great development. Well done for getting such good advice and following it Saria, and best of luck with your mapping.

Excellent work!!

Aw thanks guys Really glad you like it!! It is SO hard to judge your own work, I feel like by the end it's a blur in your own mind and hard to see if it's any good, especially as a newcomer who doesn't know how to judge anything. Thank you!!

Hey, I missed this! Nice work Saria, very fine wizard tower.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast