Thread: Hello from Redmond Washington, USA

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Hello from Redmond Washington, USA

Hello,

My name is David. As I mentioned in the title, I live in Redmond Washington, USA. I'm 41 years old (or soon will be at any rate) I've been an avid gamer, artist, and fantasy cartographer (for personal use only) for the better part of 30 years. I live with my girlfriend, her six year old daughter (I call her my daughter just because she’s never seen her father), and our two and a half year old son.

I haven't been using my artistic skills as much in the last 10 years as I used to, however, I've recently been laid off work and the thought of finding another dead-end warehouse job just isn't all that exciting. With that said, I'm dusting off my portfolio, updating it some, brushing up on my GIMP skills (no pun intended) and getting ready to find an exhilarating career in game development as an 2d artist, if there’s any positions left that is.

I stumbled across the Cartographer Guild this evening while searching for a mapping tutorial for GIMP. I think, and yes the memory is the first thing to go, I have visited this site before but this is the first time I've joined and posted. I'll be muddling together a fantasy map in the coming weeks to add to my portfolio. If I create it in GIMP I'll post a daily progress report and let you guys see just how rusty I am.

Does anyone happen to know of a sight like this for fantasy artwork, Dragons, Orcs, ect.....?

Thanks all,

David
    Last edited by David; 10-30-2008 at 02:50 AM. Reason: typo