Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steampunk Starship Deck Plan

Well done, even better than before. As @Ilanthar said the change the background improves it hugely. Great work as always.

Only comment: font seems a bit old fashioned given subject matter? (even though it's sans-serif)
    Last edited by Jacktannery; 03-04-2016 at 08:43 PM.

Working on the hard part - the steam engine. I need to create some pistons and gears with chains, slots in floor, more conduits, dials and relief valves, but moving right along. All furnishings in the other chambers are done. Next the upper deck (deck 1)...

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	victorian-deck-plan-work-in-progress-plus03.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	80921
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Last update - this deck is done (I will change the font later.) On to the passenger deck...

GP

Name:	victorian-deck-plan-work-in-progress-plus04.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	2.09 MB 
ID:	80928
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Decks 1 and 2 are done.

Deck 1 (Passenger Berth) - dining room under a glass dome, ship's lounge, standard stateroom for 2 (separate beds), deluxe stateroom with double bed, billiards/music parlor (center), steward's preparation room aft of corridor, ship's pantry, refrigerated storage, and chef's kitchen.

Deck 2 (adjustment made) - I want to have an open, framed hull on deck 3, so I created a double hull in deck 2 with gears and conduits viewed from beneath. Someone suggested that a British vessel wouldn't have officers sharing the same area as crew. So I removed the bunk beds with 2 per cabin, better tables and leather chairs. Captain's Quarters on port side, sickbay on starboard side.

Next Deck 3...

GP

Name:	victorian-deck-plan-passenger-berth.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	2.46 MB 
ID:	80933Click image for larger version. 

Name:	victorian-deck-plan-operations-deck.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	2.08 MB 
ID:	80934
    DrivethruRPG store

Here's the last two decks of the Steam Punk Star Ship Deck Plan - I say 2 because I also created the poop deck, which shows the deck outside the hull when in breathable planetary atmospheres. Also the deflated dirigibles are stored on the poop deck, with a single air-locked chamber accessing both.

The Cargo Deck which also contains the Advanced Hydrolysis Processor that converts the condensed ice into water, then separates the hydrogen used for the ship's steam engine fuel, water for pressure, drinking and bathing, and the oxygen for breathing. A weapons locker to the fore of the deck is just aft of a repeating small cannon on turret at front of ship. EVA suits are required but can still fire cannon in the vacuum of space.

Done with this project - I'll put in a grid and prep this for print-ready and vt-ready files at DTRPG, this week.

GP

Name:	victorian-deck-plan-cargo-hold.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	80943Click image for larger version. 

Name:	victorian-deck-plan-topside.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	2.84 MB 
ID:	80942
    DrivethruRPG store

In the spirit of my new Stock Armada venture, here's an alternate deck to Deck One, Passenger Deck, into Deck One, Gun Deck with 6 Howitzers with shell ammunition, an ordinance armory on the aft end over the engine, and a filtration system at the center chamber to filter out the smoke from in space shipboard gunfire.

Also to add to the diagonal rooftops on the topside deck are four one-man steam ornithopters with Gatlin guns for short range airship defense forces, especially aerial combat.

GP

Name:	steam-punk-gundeck.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	2.22 MB 
ID:	80991Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flight-deck.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	2.85 MB 
ID:	80992Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steam-ornithopter.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	122.3 KB 
ID:	80993
    DrivethruRPG store

One more alternate deck one for the steam punk starship, and one inspired by "steam punk star trek" with a scientific laboratory deck containing: a botanical garden dome, chemistry lab, geology lab, xeno-zoology lab, EVA suit storage, a photographic dark room, and a stellar observatory, and a library at the center - all appropriate for exploring the stars and planets. The chef's kitchen and pantries from the Passenger Deck are retained.

GP

Name:	steam-punk-star-trek.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	5.26 MB 
ID:	80996
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 03-08-2016 at 09:40 AM.
    DrivethruRPG store

To fit the Stock Armada concept - each deck plan needs to include four variations. This is the fourth, the least exciting, but necessary to fit all typical space travel themes. This one is freight commerce...

GP

Name:	steam-punk-freighter.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	81004
    DrivethruRPG store

Amazing. Loving the ornithopters.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12