Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steampunk Starship Deck Plan

Default Steampunk Starship Deck Plan

So yesterday, I was working on a starship deck corridor and after completing the design, I realized that it had a distinctly Victorian, steampunk or gaslight quality to it, even somewhat resembling Lynch's Dune (the first movie version). So I decided to keep up with that premise and create an entire 3 deck starship following in this style. First I'll post the corridor I created that inspired the idea, then a galley octagonal chamber, then the deck two as I have so far (work-in-progress). This is just a personal project, that I'll release as a deck plan for print and virtual tabletop from my Gamer Printshop DTRPG publisher account - and it may inspire more.

Of course this is in my photorealistic style using Xara Designer Pro x11, a vector drawing application.

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sci-fantasy-corridor-deck.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	80865Click image for larger version. 

Name:	more-fantasy-deck-plan.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	217.3 KB 
ID:	80866Click image for larger version. 

Name:	victorian-deck-plan-work-in-progress.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	2.98 MB 
ID:	80864
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

These are quite lovely, the middle one especially!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Thank's Chickpea!

Here's the next update. Have to visit my parents out of state soon, so I won't get back to this until Friday.

GP

Name:	victorian-deck-plan-work-in-progress-plus01.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	3.29 MB 
ID:	80870
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Thank's Chickpea!

Here's the next update. Have to visit my parents out of state soon, so I won't get back to this until Friday.

GP

Very good. You have the right style for the steampunk era. You should expect more decoration than is needed.

Now this is looking sweet. I love the design and agree with P38 ace on the style.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Yeah looks great Gamerprinter, very nicely done.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected darcycardinal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Thank's Chickpea!

GP

Looking good Gamerprinter, will be keeping an eye on the progress!

Darcy

Very pleasant and original! I love the metallic touch and the intricate complex pattern in the center. One thing I dislike is the parchment : the color and poor quality clash with the rest imho.

Ilanthar - the parchment background is temporary. I plan to use a NASA photo for background on the product cover, and white background in the sliced ready-to-print PDF, the parchment won't be used in the final. I put it in just for color and to create a frame. Normally when I export a image in Xara, the background page size isn't exported with it, rather just the edges of the design itself and I like to include some "white space" outside the deck plan itself, and why I included it.
    DrivethruRPG store

Next update. I've added the crew quarters furnishings: 2 sets of bunk beds (for 4 crewman), 4 footlockers, a water closet, a bench with bowl, pitcher of water and a common towel, a bench table, and 4 stools, also 2 mugs and a deck of cards. These rooms are intended to be a bit utilitarian (being only for the crewman) compared to the intended fancier officer quarters and passenger berths on the deck above this. Moving right along...

GP

Name:	victorian-deck-plan-work-in-progress-plus02.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	2.01 MB 
ID:	80914
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast