Thread: November Entry: Pocketwatch

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Member

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    I think to add some more interest and make the pocket watch even more useful for charting a flight path perhaps you could add in some orbit rings like the attached, and maybe put some sort of coordinates around the outside of the "face".
    ah, but the problem with the elliptical orbits is that the hands would have to somehow change size

for those interested though, I'm coming along with my 3DS Max learning: attached are 2 early renders.
    1. The glass is too refractive (bends the light too much); you can see this especially in render2. It should appear as a glass cover over the faceplate, but it is instead acting as a lens... I may have to turn refraction off completely at the loss of some realism.
    2. I'm trying out gems, but I may use a more literal representation of the planets.
    3. Things to finish modeling: clock hands, knob, chain, cover, (faceplate background?, scene background?, additional details?)

[P.S.: Odd the black backgrounds of the PNGs are instead transparent... oh well ]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NovChallenge-v01-render1.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	7933   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NovChallenge-v01-render2.png 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	7934