Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tilt-Shift and Time Lapse Films

Found a really great night time picture (won't tell you where it is since I want to see if anyone knows ) and thought it would be perfect for really getting detailed with the depth of field and going crazy with gradients going in various directions to really pick up the curves and such. There are a couple areas that I discovered I missed after viewing the final result, but I used some different techniques this go around to allow me to keep the DoF layers separate and easy to edit to fix over sights and such.

I think it turned out fairly decent, but need to fix a couple things perhaps at a later date.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	london18.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	286.1 KB 
ID:	8097   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	london18 copy.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	478.3 KB 
ID:	8098  
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Somewhere in London - but I have no clue where.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

What makes you think it is London? Is there a certain element that is only found there? Just curious as I've never been there, and I've always wondered if there are certain elements that would only be found in the US or even only in certain states. I would think that places that were once in the British Empire would share characteristics, but to narrow it down to London must mean something in the pic is specific to that location... or at least makes you think it is London.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Thanks RobA! I'm getting better entirely thanks to your DoF tutorial. If I didn't have that to go off of, I would still be using the boring method...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    What makes you think it is London?
    The filename of the pic is London18.??? (or something)...but even without that I would've figured somewhere in Europe based on the cars and the architecture.

Of course I could be way off too
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Yup. You could be way off. Filenames aren't always correct.

That's Picadilly Circus in London. The signage and the statue of Eros in the centre of the roundabout are the main markers. Great tiltshift! And the stereogram effect is pretty cool too!

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    That's Picadilly Circus in London. The signage and the statue of Eros in the centre of the roundabout are the main markers. Great tiltshift! And the stereogram effect is pretty cool too!
    Ding, ding ding! Yes you are correct. My feux pas with the picture name almost spoiled it. Thanks to SG for pointing out my oversight... Have to be more careful in the future.

So back to my question to SG, are there any identifying characteristics that are only found in London, other than landmarks that is?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast