Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
Without a working laptop I'm afraid I'm not going to be much use. I'll certainly be following this thread - and I'd love to see more of Midgarsomer's icons. I still haven't managed to really get isometric cities that I like and read well at small scales.
Bummer about the laptop.... do you think you will have something before year end? I know you mentioned somewhere that you were heading out of the US soon, and were not sure if you would have time to pick up a new computer before you headed out or not.

Anyway, I think the ISO icons you did for your Map of Dolmen Isle WIP map were really good, which is part of the reason I had the idea in the first place. I understand what your saying about scale, but color can help this immensely, especially if the original is drawn at a nice resolution to begin with. I know a problem I have been having is line thickness as this is part of the reason I posted up this thread in the first place(and the lack of any resources easily available for this type of thing) since my first tests really just blew chunks.......