Quote Originally Posted by Karro View Post
It looks pretty darn good. The only comment I have, and I know this would be hard to do, is that for a an old book just laying open, the lines of the map and the text are awfully straight. It looks like if I hold a ruler up to the computer screen, the text and other lines will line right up. This makes it look not so much like it's following the curve of the page.

I'm not sure how I'd do it, myself (I think there are some hints on it in RobA's GIMP tutorial on how to do distortion, if you're using GIMP) but it looks like they could use some kind of distortion.

You mention that it doesn't look right if you flatten it. Are you flattening in the right order? If you flatten your layers in the wrong order, you lose some effects, but in the right order and everything is preserved. IIRC, you have to flatten from top to bottom.
Yea I know it is awfully straight. Im trying to think of a good way to fix it. For the text, I might just make a path and set the text to path, but the image is harder, as it doesnt look very good when I do it....

I think I gave the wrong impression, what I meant was what I have to do to get it to a size this site will accept is to save it as a .png, and then open the .png in GIMP and scale it down to 1000x1000. This last time I did it I used the wrong type of scaling (I have been using cubic scaling, as when making images smaller it keeps all the detail) so it ended up slightly blurry at parts.

Thanks for the comments Karro