Thread: How Can I Buy Gores?

Default How Can I Buy Gores?

I have come across a large globe... large for me anyway, it's around 22 inches in diameter. It is on a gorgeous polished aluminum stand and it is for sale at a thrift store for not too much. The problem is the lettering is abysmal and the fonts are ugly. It was printed in India and the style and placement of the place names are just downright sad. Some are mis-spelled. So... being the adventurous type, and having a lot of experience in fabricating unusual things I would like to buy this globe and put new gores on it. But does anyone sell new gores? I've been reading on this forum about printing new gores, but I am not very experienced with printing things. I am extremely capable in other areas tho. Can anyone let me know how and where I can buy custom printed gores? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Robere210 View Post
    I have come across a large globe... large for me anyway, it's around 22 inches in diameter. It is on a gorgeous polished aluminum stand and it is for sale at a thrift store for not too much. The problem is the lettering is abysmal and the fonts are ugly. It was printed in India and the style and placement of the place names are just downright sad. Some are mis-spelled. So... being the adventurous type, and having a lot of experience in fabricating unusual things I would like to buy this globe and put new gores on it. But does anyone sell new gores? I've been reading on this forum about printing new gores, but I am not very experienced with printing things. I am extremely capable in other areas tho. Can anyone let me know how and where I can buy custom printed gores? Thank you.
    Old Post, but I'd suggest printing out a map with a Gore protection at a print shop on a large format printer then cut it out with an Xacto knife.

-RobA>

And if you're like "but HOW DO I MAKE GORES?!" here's a gore projector that you can upload a map into. http://www.winski.net/globus-projector/simplified/

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!