@SteelGeneral: Yes, this is going to be a completely hand-drawn map

@Ascension: I was originally going to have the wind current going from east to west, but I can change it if that'll make enough of a difference to give me my desert :p (It doesn't matter if the desert was there before or after the mountains were raised to me. Actually, I could have the whole place a desert and the mountains being raised slowly changed the shore from a desert to a plains area, or something. Still working on the climate of the area)

@Both: The river was a quick fix thing, since I originally had the Wilder's Bane and the Golden River both outflowing from the lake, and I read on here that having two outflows would eventually dry up one of the rivers, and I kinda need both to be permanent, soooo... Anyways, unless someone can give me an idea (or if I can come up with it on my own), I guess the Guardian River splitting is gonna have to be spontaneously magical, I guess :p

@Gandwarf: Ick, wikipedia. I try to avoid it as much as possible, but if you say these articles are realiable, then I guess I'll trust them

Thanks for the help so far, I'll be sure to be more active in the future. Been lurking these forums for the odd bit of geographic or cartographic info for the past few months.