Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
Hey Nomadic, I have to disagree... the following map is already posted in my Paizo Map Attempt thread in the Building WIP forum, however, I am posting it again for emphasis.

The following map was completely created in Xara Xtreme, with never touching a raster application. Xara Xtreme Pro 3.2 is a vector application - with some powerful features.

Everything is vector shapes with raster image fills, feathering, different transparency filters applied, bevels and shadows. Only 1 hour of work in this!

Again, the Bogwood Swamp - Kingdom of Flies! (a vector created map!)

Thoughts!

GP
I have to disagree with this in turn. Firstly though I have to point out that what I was talking about was in regards to me. My mapping style is one that makes higher quality stuff with raster but works faster in vector. Secondly, as nice as xara is I actually prefer the look of maps done in photoshop/gimp as they tend to flow more naturally. This of course isn't a hit against you as you do great work. I have noticed though that most vector maps can't get stuff to flow right. An example here would be within your map the artificially sharp mountain peaks and the way that textures suddenly turn into other textures. Vector isn't good at realism, but it is good at simplicity and cleanliness (it is for this reason that I do my cartoonography in vector programs).