I'm a Nanoer (and script frenzy which is a 100 page script, including graphic novels radio or movie among other types) for the past few. Only when I did my first Nano I started a deeply powerful and symbolic story that was refusing to exceed 1000 words a day. so on thanksgiving I started a whole new story and in those last 9 days I finished the 50k on that story. I have yet to go back to the first one unfortunately.

Then when april came around I decided it would be fun to try and write five scripts in a month, I did a radio play, movie, stage play, graphic novel, and tv series pilot. with formatting 100 pages runs about 20000 words. so it was not as hard in some ways and yet I have trouble with scripting so it was harder in some ways.

This past nano I wrote 2 novels of 50k but neither was finished at the end of the month and they await my return.

There are loads of other options for those who want to get into the nano experiance. Right now in their forums is a section call the year of doing big fun scary challenges together. It's for all those other things we say we'll do someday (like so many who say they will write a book some day) but never do. You make a list and try to complete one of those things by years end.

There are also nano writing months that have smaller followings in nearly every month of the year. Ther are things like Nano Mango which is trying to create a graphic novel (images and all) in a certain time limit (I don't think it's a whole month but I might be wrong).

It's increadible how participating has cracked open my creativity and lead me into new levels of almost all my projects.