Quote Originally Posted by Feralspirit View Post
Thanks, jfrazierjr, and good to hear from you. I actually have followed your tutorial already. It took me days to get it to work right (I had to read it, and reread it very slowly to figure out where I had missed a step). I am going to follow it again a few times until I can do it without having your tutorial displayed in front of me. My initial problem was the channel thingy will only apply 1 selected area, and I want the elevation to rise on both sides of the river. Again, I am probably missing something very simple and it's possible this isn't really a problem, it just threw me (as a new user).

Ok, I've just had an epiphany. I am trying to make two maps, one that looks antique (player hand-out) and another for me (with a realistic look). Thanks, I guess I'm just slow like that (I think I've been confusing the two, or maybe I just haven't been very clear). I think I'll start with the antique looking one, it may end up being the only one. Let me do a little mapping and come back. Somewhere on this site I've seen some beautiful antique style maps, but I'm not sure if I can find them again. Could someone link to a few. I need a good swamp thingy and my forrest could be better, if there is a good example to inspire me.

BTW; check out the first post in this thread. I've already found the torn paper script.

I know there are some nice antique city maps made by a few industry pro's, but I can't think of them off the top of my head...argh.....

Here is my regional map: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=3653 (not finished yet)

Pretty much ANY post started by TheRedEpic is a nice antique style map, though regional also.