Thread: Kingdom of Gallend

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Kingdom of Gallend

I had been tossing around ideas for a campaign and figured it was time to make a map, hopefully to help get the ball rolling. I'm starting with a small area as my experience in any sort of graphical stuff (aside from stick figures in MS Paint) is nil. So I decided to go with GIMP and use RobA's tutorial as a starting point. The little pictures in this post will link to the bigger pictures, so don't forget to click.

After a little bit, I got the grass and dirt down.

Came back a little later and continued with my efforts. I threw in some forests, mountains, and a few rivers. I also wound up redoing the grass.

Didn't like the way the mountains turned out, so I followed RobA's other tutorial about mountains. Slight tweakage to the forests as well. I really like the way the color turned out in the bottom right forest, so I think I will go over the rest again.

Then I chugged forth. Didn't like the grass, so I toned it back down a little. Also added paths, labels, and another mountain landmark up top. [Note: Yes, I know South Fork is north of North Fork (well, it will be once I put my compass in) and it was done on purpose.]

And here we go, just about finished. Not sure what I did to the sea colors.

Criticisms or suggestions? Mountains too bright?
    Last edited by strebalicious; 02-19-2009 at 09:22 AM.