Thread: Kingdom of Gallend

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    The last one is defintely coming along nicely. In the first two your forest and mountains looked the same (other than color).

Keep plugging away, RobA's tutorial us a great place to start, once you've gotten the basic techniques down you'll be able to branch out and try other things until you find the "style" that you like.
    I have been tooling around with GIMP. Stuff like using the blend tool to retouch the forest colors, or using an airbrush to soften the ridges or bumps on mountains and such. But man, GIMP sure likes to eat my computer's memory.

Post gimp tip

Quote Originally Posted by strebalicious View Post
    I have been tooling around with GIMP. Stuff like using the blend tool to retouch the forest colors, or using an airbrush to soften the ridges or bumps on mountains and such. But man, GIMP sure likes to eat my computer's memory.
    Yeah. I just upgraded from 1 GB to 4 GB (and discovered that even though the BIOS sees 4GB, it will only allow the OS to use 3GB, supposedly because that addres space is taken up by drivers ) and have noticed a big performance improvement.

The other ting is (if you have more memory installed) to increase the default tile caching settings, and (like with PS) set the swap drive to be different from your OS drive (if possible).

-Rob A>