Thread: Here's a question for you

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by Korash View Post
    "This sounds like a job for the Masked Layer!!!" (cue cheezy superhero music and echoes)

Seriously, if you want to break up a drawing into different "sections", the best way is to use Layer masks. There is a great Tutorial by (correct me if I am wrong folks) jfrazierjr on the subject even if it isn't for gimp. RobA's tut also goes into the use of layer masks quite a bit, and I can not recomend that tut forcefully enough.
    I think you are wrong, but only half-so. The layer-mask tut was made by jfrazierjr. But it actually is for GIMP.

It's a really great tut for newbies and beginners; it breaks things down pretty simply, I think. [note: I'm not much better than a newbie/beginner myself; I'm still learning tons of new things, but I think I had the layer-mask thing down pretty pat by the time of this tut.]
    Last edited by Karro; 02-24-2009 at 12:44 PM.
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...