View Poll Results: Interested in doing this?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 46.43%
  • No

15 53.57%

Thread: Show your skill in making a map after geographical and Fluff descriptions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fair question

I guess it is kind of both. I thought i could phrase it as a suggestion for a mapping challenge because I'd really like to see this world in various styles...it would be very interesting imho. And i am of the same opinion as Ascension...it is a challenge for a map-maker to put the vision of someone else into reality. Therefore i opened the thread in this subforum.

But if it will not be chosen, i'd still like to see it ... i guess this then kind of makes it into a request.

But I really do hope that you chose it for an official mapping-challenge!

I hope i am not breaking any forum-rules with this?!
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Nope, not breaking rules at all. Especially cause us Community leaders, well, for all our skills, we really are an uninspired bunch. And by that I mean, just try and come up with 1 different challenge every month. It's tough. So if people have a suggestion, post it. Those that show interest will become a future challenge (that's what happened with February's challenge)
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Fair question

I guess it is kind of both. I thought i could phrase it as a suggestion for a mapping challenge because I'd really like to see this world in various styles...it would be very interesting imho. And i am of the same opinion as Ascension...it is a challenge for a map-maker to put the vision of someone else into reality. Therefore i opened the thread in this subforum.

But if it will not be chosen, i'd still like to see it ... i guess this then kind of makes it into a request.

But I really do hope that you chose it for an official mapping-challenge!

I hope i am not breaking any forum-rules with this?!
    I wouldn't say it is breaking any rules... But it is a tad self-serving as the author would get to pick from any number of maps for one they like the best, potentially using it for their own benefit

Now, if said author wanted to sponsor a monthly challenge and offer some form of compensation/prize then I am sure we would be willing to host it here We have had great turnout in our sponsored challenges in the past.

-Rob A>

@ Rob - Oh i am not the author of this world. It is another person (John Snead, i mentioned it in the opening post) and I would have no gain other than the pleasure of seeing all you great mappers at work (sure, i would use the map that i like best for a possible rpg in that world, but as i have a long list of yet unplayed rpgs this would not be anytime soon ). As he has posted all of his information on an open forum (rpg.net), i don't think he wants to earn money with it.

I made him aware of this thread and maybe he wants to chim in and maybe even "sponsor" it somehow, but that is up to him. I just thought it would be a great idea...and i hoped to find a lot of roleplayers who would jump at the chance of a new rpg world (and then make a map for it)

Wow, that ended in another post that is too long ... i hope i am not coming off too defensive i just want to answer all questions honestly.

I most probably already killed my own suggestion with all this rambling...
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars