Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: *** March 09 Challenge - Rivermania ***

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    I took it to mean exactly 20 like it said and removed a few to make it fit.

We cant seem to go a month clear without some challenge cock up.

Sorry... I edited the original post to clear that up.

The original text is below with the addition underlined. It was just a typo that "at least" got missed from one of the requirements sections as both the first and third contained the missing text.

• Every square must contain at least 1 water course.
    • 1/5th (20) must contain at least 2 watercourses.
    • 1/10th (10) must contain at least 3 watercourses.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Post Shining up my badge!

Well guys, I'm currently shining up my River Police badge and get the old Radar gun recalibrated. This month, I'm just going to watch and point out any river police issues. I've got my hands full with commission work, plus building my Kaidan setting for the CWBP. So I am not going to participate in the challenge this month.

Good luck everyone, I will be oogling for river anamolies, however!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Evening Officer. I'm here to hand myself in. I'm hoping for a non-custodial sentence and a warning though. Would love it if you would treat me as a first time offender even though that may not be completely factually accurate.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

I finally came up with an idea, so I may or may not join xD

Depends on how fast I can make it...
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master -- that's all."

-Lewis Carrol: Through the Looking Glass

Post Deadline?

Hi all,

just joined today and like to jump straight into it. Can somebody please tell me when the deadline is and where to post the final result?

Regards
    Benarius

Quote Originally Posted by Benarius View Post
    Hi all,

just joined today and like to jump straight into it. Can somebody please tell me when the deadline is and where to post the final result?

Regards
    Benarius
    Read the general rules here: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=503

and the challenge specific rules in the first post of this thread.

Not a lot of time left, as the challenges usually close, and all threads are locked 5 days before the month end, then there is voting for 5 days.

start a new thread in this forum, using the same name format as the others and add the LATEST WIP with the ###'s around it in the last post that has an attached image so the thumbnail scraper script can grab it.

Think that is about it.... Good luck, and more importantly, have fun, and learn something new!

-Rob A>

Thanks heaps for your quick reply. I am on hollidays right now. I think 5-6 days will be enough. Not in it to win it. Just to learn and have fun. But maybe next time I'll kill it...lol.

Regards

Benarius

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

2 things real quick...are river violations acceptable (natural violations not challenge rules violations)? and is it good or bad to help others with said natural violations? I'd hate to rule out a map if I could have helped someone.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    2 things real quick...are river violations acceptable (natural violations not challenge rules violations)? and is it good or bad to help others with said natural violations? I'd hate to rule out a map if I could have helped someone.
    And then there are those of us who wouldn't know a violation, natural or otherwise, if it reached up and bit us on the arse.

Ought to make voting interesting, anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    It's never bad to help someone out as long as we're nice about it. The point of the challenge was to draw believable river systems, so if someone has rivers that cut from one sea to another or has 5 outputs from a lake, then yea, give them a hand. End result, each voter will determine if someone violated the rules (I have "personally" disqualified several beautiful maps from my vote cause I don't think they followed the challenge rules...)
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast