Quote Originally Posted by Korba View Post
Thanks Chuck.

Thanks for pointing the scale problem out Karro, i was out by a factor of 10 The continent should be 5300 miles east to west and 3500 north to south so its more like the size of the US and Canada (very roughly).

Its the first time i have worked at such a large scale so I'm going to have to do some rethinking because as much as i like my drainage pattern I'm currently working at 3.5 miles per pixel.

The sizes (in miles) each continent are below, the image is 2500 by 1250 pixels. The circumference of the earth is roughly 25'000 miles so hopefully my measurements are right this time.
You're welcome. It just felt wrong, scale-wise, so I had to dig into the figures, out of sheer curiosity, and then felt compelled to share my discovery.

And I had the 25,000 mile figure sitting in front of me when I wrote my response, and yet still wrote 220,000 when citing the earth's circumference. Of course, that's what I meant (I had just looked it up, and found the figure 24,901.55 miles or 40,075.16 km for the circumference).