Thread: Hirez map projection conversion using Hugin

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Hirez map projection conversion using Hugin

Today I was again wrestling with the problem of high resolution projection conversion. Flex Projector doesn't have Azimuthal and other unconventional projections (only the wall-map style), and the output resolution of G.projector is peeteeful. So I was yet again hunting for programs that could convert Equirectangular maps into other projections. Too bad the one particular projection I had decided to use in my current map (Equidistant Azimuthal, which would have been more in-character for the map than Equal Area, which is complex, has lots of maths and is modern. Well, I could use Stereographical again, I guess).

I rediscovered Hugin. Ok, I confess, I knew it existed, and suspected it could do what I wanted, but eh, whatchagonnado? Today I found out it actually had Lambert Equal Area Azimuthal projection, and I really wanted to figure out if this could be what I wanted. After scouring the internet for appropriate tutorials, etc. etc., here is now mine: Naeddyr's High Resolution Map Projection Conversion Tutorial Using Hugin For Unconventional Resolutions! Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	newtutorial.png 
Views:	550 
Size:	184.6 KB 
ID:	12017  
    Last edited by Naeddyr; 04-03-2009 at 02:02 PM.