Thread: README: Mapping Challenge Rules

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Please make sure you guys are reading the contest rules. EVERY month I have to rename the thread titles. Not trying to be a stickler, but no one seems to get it right so I figured a little tickler would be appropriate.

Hey that rhymes. Not to be a stickler, but here's a little tickler...remember to properly name your threads or the river police will chop off your heads.

Hows that? Don't quit my day job?
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

I'm suitably intimidated. head-hunting water pigs do it for me.

This of course was a comment that was made before I saw who was wearing a river police badge... I would also like to state that I suffer from multiple personality disorder... and Evil Del wrote that.... Not me.. Kind and Wonderful Del...

Last edited by Badger; 05-07-2008 at 09:06 AM. Reason: **just noticed YodA's badge

I have a question. I see many people posting maps for the challenges and then they continue to modify and tweak those maps as they go.

I have a map that I want to eventually submit but I am not done working on it. I seem to adjust things daily.

Are we allowed to do that? Upload our map challenge and then continue working on it? I just want to make sure before I upload anything. My guess is that you will take the most recent version uploaded on that 5th last day of the month - that will be the map that is officially entered into the contest. Correct?

Blog Entries

You can keep adding to the thread until your happy or when a cut off point comes which is about 4 days before the end of the month - best to finish off a little before then tho.

Whenever you put a new map in put ### Latest WIP ### just before you upload the map as an image attachment and then it should appear on the
    thumbnails page of all current entries.