Thread: Argontath - Work in Progress

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I worked out a preliminary map and played around with the tutorial until I was comfortable with it. Then I started five maps (of the six continents) at the same time and followed the steps 3 or 4 at a time. Once I was on the third map I was more comfortable and working much quicker. I took to heart what you said about the tutorial not being a bible and to play around with the settings. It took a bit of courage, but I screwed with the continental shelves and the effect looks a bit different. I am happy with the effect. I am going to sit down and figure out the river system now. Now that I am somewhat comfortable I will most likely re-do the maps in a much larger size to apply more detail, but I wanted to share what I have done so far.

Lantier (1100x1100) is an undiscovered and uninhabited continent to the north of the continent of Khaitaer-Ypriss. Perhaps there are ruins of an ancient civilization?

Tathis (2600x2600) is the eastern continent and one of the two primary continents for my world (in terms of where the campaign characters are from). The western regions are explored and inhabited. the far eastern and far southern reaches are unexplored territory.

Kaitan (1200x1200) is a continent to the far south east and unknown to the 'civilized' world. Its inhabitants are a feral race hell-bent on conquering whatever lands they find. They are just starting to explore the world in which the players live... and will not hesitate to make their presence known.

Khaitaer-Ypriss (2600x2600) is the western continent and one of the two primary continents for my world (in terms of where the campaign characters are from). The northern continent of Khaitaer is inhabited in the western and eastern regions. The central region is ringed by mountains that holds a vast swampland-jungle. The southern continent of Yppris is largely unexplored territory and inhabited by bands of tribesman.

Ascalon (1600x1600) is an unknown continent to the far northeast. It holds thriving and ancient civilizations that are largely disinterested with outward expansion and focus more on their maintaining their borders with the other countries in their part of the world.

Thanks again to Ascension for everything he has taught me!

~Val
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Continent - Tathis.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	27362   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Continent - Lantier.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	261.3 KB 
ID:	27363   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Continent - Kaitan.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	306.2 KB 
ID:	27364   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Continent - Khaitaer-Yppris.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	27365   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Continent - Ascalon.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	677.7 KB 
ID:	27366  

"Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc"

Argontath Map Finished Thread

My Flash Website! - Welcome to Argontath