Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WIP : Port Sol

Quote Originally Posted by Absinth View Post
    Wow, RobA, thanks for the advice! You even provided an example using my own map! I'm stunned... This is exactly what I need! Thanks a lot!
    No problem. And if you are doing this on the whole map, I'd suggest creating a new transparent layer, setting it to overlay mode, and do it there, so you can always turn off/change the effect at a later date.

-Rob A>

Oh, I'll certainly do so... This map has more layers than the multiverse!

I misspelled Crenellation.

But parapet was the word I was desperately searching for in my head and failing utterly to find.
    "Unless I'm allowed to carry around a gun to shoot their giant killer-spiders, Australia needs to stay the hell away from me. Also Australians, who if they have lived this long are obviously agents of the spiders and not to be trusted."

I love watching this city take shape. Can't wait for it to be complete!

As am I, Phantos! This takes way tooo long!

It is nearly done. This is a tough and busy summer for me and I'm working my *** off to fill in for people that are on "well deserved vacations". Still I managed to find a little time here and there to work on this map. I finished nearly all of the buildings, added some structure to the walls parapet and several other, smalle things
    I'm so glad that it's nearly done and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. If I'd do it anew, I'd do some things differently (it looks way too crowded), but overall I think we'll have fun using it in the game (which is still it's main purpose!).

I'll add some finishing touches tonight (like a scalebar, labeling and a few other things like finishing the docks...) and will post the final piece into the finished maps section. I guess that's how it's supposed to be done, right?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wip13ps.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	4.56 MB 
ID:	15327  

Ah, I was wondering why there was so little progress. Cursed holidays and colleagues going on vacation

Still love the map. As I said before if I zoom in too much it loses some of its charm, but a bit zoomed out and it looks brilliant!
    Those walls *are* huge by the way

And yes, if you think your map is finished, you post it in the finished maps section.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

This has come along quite nicely.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

That is looking pretty darn cool! nice! and it was fascinating reading through the process to get to this point too..

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast