Page 19 of 58 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouse vs. tablet

Well, I heard that it was better on big screens to have big tablets because otherwise you lose precision, that makes sense to me but I never used a tablet either...

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

I use a widescreen monitor and have had no problems so far, but if it's a concern go for the A5.

I work zoomed in (200 or 400) for real detail work anyway, so not sure how a bigger tablet would give more precision, just a larger working area.

The resolution of even the small tablets is much higher than screen resolutions.

-Rob A>

True, I hadn't thought that I'd zoom in anyways, besides the Wacom seems much more sturdy and has function buttons that seem more useful. Well, I have two weeks until I have the money and another two weeks before I can buy it, so I have all my time to think about it
    Thanks for the input.

NymTevlyn

I had an Intuos 9x12 tablet, 'til my cat knocked over a can of Mt. Dew all over it. I'm thinking about replacing it finally with a 4x5 Bamboo Fun. Much cheaper and good enough.

For serious: I don't see how anyone needs more than 256 levels of pressure sensitivity. No matter how 'professional' they may be, I don't think anyone can tell the difference.

NymTevlyn

The pressure levels are useful for creating smoother transitions from strong to light touches.

Apart from pressure, I know that some tablets feature tilt sensitivity. Are there, really, any other features besides those that differentiate?

Quote Originally Posted by guyanonymous View Post
    Apart from pressure, I know that some tablets feature tilt sensitivity. Are there, really, any other features besides those that differentiate?

Many come with some number of quick keys, as well as a scroll type device. The quick keys can come in very handy for doing all sorts of operations, but not really required. The scroll device however is very nice in being able to move the map or zoom in an out quickly, depending on how you map the input.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

What is the least expensive tablet out there these days with tilt?

I have the original USB Graphire, which still works nicely, but am always curious about my options.

Page 19 of 58 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast