Page 46 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouse vs. tablet

Guild Journeyer

Hello:

I first used a tablet in 1987-1988. I know I just dated myself as being old. The tablet was part of my High-School's Acad program. It took me a few months to get used to it. Once I managed to get the hang of it, it worked well and was quicker than the mouse. I stopped using a tablet due to the cost in buying my own at the time. A few years ago I purchased a small tablet for my Art Director to get him into do more work on the computer. He has graduated to a newer and better tablet. Last year I acquired a tablet and have slowly gotten back into using it. When I edit artwork or someone's work besides mine a mouse is easier for me. If I am working on an original image or map the tablet gives me greater flexibility. You can now get a good starting tablet for around $90.00 to $100.00 U.S. The only problem I run into is when I am on the road. A tablet is another piece of kit to take.

Tracker

Hi guys, my girlfriend gave me an Intuos graphic tablet for Christmas and I already love it (almost more than my girlfriend ), but I have just a stupid question: on the back of my tablet there is a space with 4 pen nibs, but when and why I should change them? I mean: it's all plastic, there is no nibs wear, is it?
    Last edited by Twonineone; 12-26-2013 at 07:07 AM.

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

False. Over time the plastic wears off due to the friction with the tablet surface. It takes months before you can see this effect, but it will happen.

And what will be the signs of this wears? Lack of precision or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Twonineone View Post
    And what will be the signs of this wears? Lack of precision or something like that?
    When they start to get flat, really. It is a feel issue, not a performance issue.

-Rob A>

Understood, thanks a lot

Professional Artist Cunning Cartographer's Avatar

You'll also notice after a while that the actual surface of the tablet gets a smoother texture as well (generally in the center where your drawing is concentrated). I have an A3 Intuos and after 18months of daily use I've noticed it. Again, as with the nibs, doesn't really do much to hinder your drawing.

Blog Entries

I have a 3.99$ mouse from walmart.

Maybe that's why everything I draw on the computer looks awful? lol

Gotta say... I prefer the mouse

For me, to make a map with a tablet is 12x to 15x faster than doing it with a mouse, but it's possible to do it with the mouse.

Page 46 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast