I have to admit that I don't understand your fix because there is no rewrite engine anywhere in the chain. And your right, if I host a web page on an Apache server then do a rewrite there wont help because that would just go back to the browser and request that it fetches the page on a new port instead. The fix I think is for me to reprogram my firewall to port forward 80 to internal 8080 and do the translation there. Or I could host my internal web server on 8080 and put the externally viewable one on 80 which would make everything a lot easier and as you say a lot of places don't like web page fetches on anything other than the default port numbers.

If I understand what your saying then is it really possible then for me to go to a web page (that I have access to the rewrite engine) and when the browser asks for its URL there then Apache goes and fetches the result of a get from a different site and forwards the result to the browser ? I have been using the rewrite engine to direct specific IP addresses to the 'your barred' page but thats a page that is hosted on the same server space.

Y'see I thought and maybe this is where I am wrong then, is that the GET request is translated via the regex and then forwarded as though the browser asked for the translated URL. I just assumed that the result would have to reside on that Apaches set of web files.

I am gonna have a play with the FTP and Twitter API perl modules at the end of the weekend when I get a moment to burn. If all that works well then I think a console driven PbP play manager might be in order. Perl runs on everything and I am not into Java. Also, ill look into doing the Ansium map like the members map thing. That ought to be real easy since I have most of it already running.

Ah but noone has responded to my suggestion that we do some play in the CWBP so perhaps its just me (n ravs) getting excited at the prospect !?? But it seems we have 99% of the effort in place so ill do the 1% even if its just me who uses it. I'll GM and be all the players too like Billy Nomates - heh ;D