Thread: Town/Village - Ft. Lusitern

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hobbitt Estates, Greater Kansas City Metro Area, Kansas, USA

Okay, this time I offer you a significant update. I want to stop here for a bit and think over more thoroughly how to proceed.

There is alot going on here, and I would GREATLY love any and all feedback that the community has to offer. Of specific note I offer the cemetery area (see earlier posts for specific locations). I am not sure how it is looking - I just don't know what to think about it.

Additionally, I have added various textures and what not to the different tiers - I would also like to hear your take on these. Specifically on the mid-tiers I added (or attempted to rather) boulder fields using the Craquelare (sp?) under the texturizer in PS. I used pretty low settings. The other textures are mashups of the preinstalls that I layered based on tinting and tone of each tier.

With the forested areas I did what I typically do. I drew several different trees at super size and then shrank them down to fit the scale of the map. Then layered them using multiple approaches of a similar technique. The brownish ground cover that you see poking out from beneath the trees in places was done similarly.

Again, any and all C&C are greatly appreciated and enthusiastically encouraged. Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ft. Lusitern 03.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	3.08 MB 
ID:	14433  
    City of Opal Island Map (Featured Map Winner...yay!): http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=5966
    Various maps from my Homebrew Game: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=5407
    Unless I explicitly state otherwise you have my permission to use my maps in any capacity needed just give me credit. If you make money off them somehow, that's awesome - let me know! In fact, I LOVE to hear about the ways maps I make are used.