Thread: Greetings fellow cartographers/gamers!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

so psyeki said it would be alright if i did some colouring for some of his maps...

i sent him a note saying how awesome i thought his maps were, but for my brain, it is hard to translate the black and white line art into walls and halls and such...

so here are my preliminary colours on a few of his maps i was drawn to... a cathedral and castle... likely there is more work to be done...

i am particularly interested in psyeki's responses and if i coloured an area wrong - or perhaps if he has more feedback on the nature of some of the rooms or symbols he has used.

everyone else's comments and suggestions are of course welcome too...

phil
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	castle-1web.jpg 
Views:	418 
Size:	758.0 KB 
ID:	14791   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cathedral-web.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	465.2 KB 
ID:	14792  

Quote Originally Posted by philipstephen View Post

i am particularly interested in psyeki's responses and if i coloured an area wrong - or perhaps if he has more feedback on the nature of some of the rooms or symbols he has used.

phil
    My specialty is creating maps in black and white, so it's neat to see them in color! The courtyard of the castle was intended to be dirt, with a few grassy spots on the edges outside of the traffic area. The temple looks fine, I had intended for there to be several paved areas, which you did leave clear. There would, however, be paths to and from the various outbuildings, not to mention expansive gardens away from the center of the complex.\

As I stated before, the maps were not complete, and I will add all of the required detail on the final version, though I do intend to keep my version in black and white. The company where I'm seeking an artist's position has made clear that they want maps in black and white only, no color or grayscale.
    Check out my works and download free samples at https://www.patreon.com/ierdesign

"Good teachers love inquisitive students."
    "Great societies demand quality conversation."
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it, we go nowhere."