Thread: Dragongate Map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hobbitt Estates, Greater Kansas City Metro Area, Kansas, USA

Wip Dragongate Map

In the thread for the Ft. Lusitern map I am working on a couple of you noted that you were interested in seeing what a city map in the mountains would look like.

Well, since Ft. Lusitern is a small settlement, I decided to play around with another city. Dragongate is the capital of the country that Ft. Lusitern is located in. It has 2 different forts/castles in it and they are all part of the same spire that ultimately is crowned by the Imperator's Palace that watches over them all. Some of the palatial 'footprints' make look familiar to some of you, most of them were inspired by various modules/adventures in Dragon Magazine and other places.

Since I tend to have about 57 different projects going at any given time, there is no telling when I will get back to Ft. Lusitern, but with this map, I am pretty pleased with how it is turning out.

I snagged a couple of fill patterns and textures from various different sources and played with making some of my own. So far I have about 40 hours or more in this already!

This is a long way from completion, but hopefully you can see where I am going with it.

Like always, comments and critiques are welcomed and encouraged! Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dragongate WIP 01.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	2.31 MB 
ID:	14456  
    City of Opal Island Map (Featured Map Winner...yay!): http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=5966
    Various maps from my Homebrew Game: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=5407
    Unless I explicitly state otherwise you have my permission to use my maps in any capacity needed just give me credit. If you make money off them somehow, that's awesome - let me know! In fact, I LOVE to hear about the ways maps I make are used.