Thread: Again, where have you been all my life?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jPeMelin View Post
    Among my recent activities in cartography, is my project on hold, to model the entirety of Tokiens fantasy island of Nümenor in 3D för VR...
    Ohhhh - Jim ! I am one of the admins for the ME-Dem project which is aimed at producing the entire middle earth as a 3D DEM (digital elevation model) in ultra high res. The site is www.me-dem.org but its not had a great deal of activity for a while since its basically just two of us hard core pain resistant guys still on it. There has been recent progress tho even up until this weekend so the project is not dead even if the web site makes it look that way. The main problem is that its hard - really hard and people give up on it. So we would be REALLY interested in looking at what you have. Were just putting in some road layers and trying to get the version 1.0 map out. You can see where its up to tho by looking at a recent map we made in January as part of the challenges here each month...

http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=4055

I guess you know about the Minas Tirith project too which collapsed through lack of interest but that was looking good for a while. Were pretty determined not to let that happen tho so were dead keen to make affiliations with anyone who is mad enough to be doing something similar.

Räknestickor ... reckoning sticks (slide rules)?

Willkommen, kompis!
    Last edited by töff; 06-27-2009 at 10:45 AM.