Thread: Serôs - the lands beneath the Sea of Fallen Stars

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks everyone. You make me feel welcome. Perhaps I'll summon up the needed courage to post some of my other recent bits. After I've fiddled around with them just a bit

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    The map.... very organic looking. Nice style. What software did you use?

-Rob A>
    For this thing and indeed for almost everything I do I used Photoshop and my trusty Intuos III table. I like to do everything the hard (or stupid) way, namely by hand-drawing and -painting. I do use the occasional layer effect and some textures I have not photographed or drawn myself but most of the stuff is done by hand. It's not very efficient way of working but as this is a hobby I dont have deadlines.

[edit] Occasionally I use ArtRage2 for small illustration portraits to get that oil on canvas feeling which is not as easy to achieve with PS but even that needs heavy post processing on PS. Currently I'm working on a 17th century-vibe cityscape which is largely based on ArtRage groundwork but thats the first one for me with significant amount of AR-work. I'll post something on that project as soon as there is something tangible enough to present.
    Last edited by lobster; 07-08-2009 at 04:52 AM.