Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New City, New Member

Concrete and/or cut stone bed liners work without magic but require constant maintenance. See the Mississippi/Atchafalaya junction at the Old River Control Structure in the US. (I hate to link to Wackypedia, but http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Riv...trol_Structure has a little information on the subject).

@waldonrate - beat me to it. Just what I was going to say!

Also, question on the forest fill... I see the core pattern used, did you use multiple copies of the pattern, or did you actually define a pattern fill?

-Rob A>

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    Welcome Aboard!

I like the map, but was wondering why you have toe pentagonal shape around/on the compass rose?
    the baroness's castle was built with a pentagonal wall, and the bazar mimics this in its boarding buildings, so i thought i would continue the theme in the compass and title.

Hi and thanks everyone for your feedback.

As for bridges, there are two that span the canal. The canal is about 100 feet wide which would easily allow for a cantilever or draw bridge with historical medieval technology. The river though is 500 to 750 feet wide, and to span it would hinder naval traffic.

And as for the pressures of a wide river bowing into a city and canal, my thought is that the center portion would be maintained via the steadfast dwarves of the High Forge Stone Cutters Guild. The canal not only shaves hours off the river voyage but also circumnavigates a very hazardous kobold infested region to the East. The toll the canal charges more than covers its maintenance cost.

thanks for the links to mississippi river references too
    best
    -kelly

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    @waldonrate - beat me to it. Just what I was going to say!

Also, question on the forest fill... I see the core pattern used, did you use multiple copies of the pattern, or did you actually define a pattern fill?

-Rob A>
    For the forrest I defined a symbol and used the symbol spray to fill the areas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12