Thread: My Campaign Setting

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post My Campaign Setting

About this time last year I decided that I wanted to create my own campaign setting for my D&D games, and so I went about the beginning of development of my world. Earlier in the year I had purchased CC3, Fractal Terrains Pro, City Designer Pro and Dungeon Designer 3 but hadn't found the time to start learning how to use the programs. I decided then and there to start, and so I did a lot of searching and found tutorials (including the ones here!) about how to use them. I wanted to start big with the world map and then eventually work my way down to more localized maps, and so I began learning to use Fractal Terrains Pro.

I created this map late 2008, as a first draft of the world I wanted. I settled on 6 continents, and got Terraformer for FT Pro to use for the light & map settings, climate image shader and cloud overlays. I didn't quite understand about having to select the editing prescale offsets in the Editing tab of World settings at the time, so the continents look really pock-marked, and I hate the rivers because they look like vericose veins and are too thick and blotchy IMO.

I took a break from mapping for a few months because I went to school and then moved back here to CA, but now I am back to working on my cartography skills. I'm currently working on my second world map, which looks nothing like this one because I decided I didn't like the way the continents were shaed or placed in relation to how I have the continents' locations in the world thought out in my head.

Please feel free to give any feedback on this map, I'd really appreciate it. This was my first attempt at using FT Pro. I will attach the second draft once I am satisfied with its development to where I can feel confident about posting it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pariatas Globe.png 
Views:	122 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	14775