I shall now officially join the horde of introductions, indistinct from the others. Eventually my posts will make me somewhat more memorable, but alas I am still quite new to the fora.

I have always been a cartographer at heart, from my youth. I went into university for ecology (large scale landscape-centric ecology) and took a number of courses in various forms of cartography. This has worked together with my long history of playing/running RPG's and my limited experience in art to produce the seed of a decent mapper. It also means that I have a decent grasp on what ecosystems would be placed where in terms of geography for that extra sense of realism.

Additionally, I have recently started up my own Indie RPG publishing company called "Genesis of Legend Publishing" over at www.genesisoflegend.com where I will have a very real need for high quality maps.

My tools of the trade are thusfar limited to the open source trilogy of The GIMP, Inkscape and Autorealm.

Feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions, comments or death threats. All are cheerfully accepted. 0