Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Region of Kayrn

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

And demonstrate that you get yours right as well
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Apprentice

Are there any mistakes in this one??? I figured out the rule about rivers not splitting downstream.
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Nope, these look good. I meant getting them right on a consistent basis over a long time, not meaning that this had something wrong.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Apprentice

cool. Also, If anyone knows how to do swamp/marsh in Gimp, I would love to know!
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Glad to see you were able to get the GIMP figured out.

I'll eventually be adding some regions of swamp/marsh to my own map, but so far don't have a process worked out. Unfortunately, by the time I do, I suspect it will be too late to help you out with it.
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMojo View Post
    cool. Also, If anyone knows how to do swamp/marsh in Gimp, I would love to know!
    I've been trying to do the same thing, and I also was more or less following RobA's tutorial. What I'm currently trying is to continue to use the texture of a forest while changing the coloring from shades of green to a dark desaturated green -> dark desaturated brown gradient. I'm not thrilled with the results, but they're not atrocious. I've attached a sample from my map, and also the two colors I used.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Swamp Detail.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	154.2 KB 
ID:	15250  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12