Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: July 2009 Entry: Realm of the Silver Sun

Praise Very Nice!

Very nice map! I love the hand-drawn look and your added mountains work well in this isometric view. I also like both the pillar of fire and the "sparklies" around the Wisp Hold.

We don't get enough hand-drawn work, so I always appreciate that.

Have some REP!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Blog Entries

Oooohhh Aaaahhhh.

Yes I like this map a lot. This is so original - well ok so the shape isn't - but the style and rendering of it is exquisite or should I say enchanting ! This has it all and is sure to do very well.

Guild Member

I personally like the river that runs off the edge... makes me wonder about the consequences it has below, like an everlasting shower or something.

Well spotted Dogzilla - how does someone in the US have such an intimate knowledge of little islands off the the coast of the UK?

Love what's been done with the map and the place names, together with the name of the map are truly enchanting ( I think from the point of view of getting enchantment into your map, place-names are going to be more important than usual).

Guild Member

I have a thorough and well-thought critique to make about this map: wow!

I like ... well, everything about it. I like the style, the detail and the perspective. If I had to nitpick something, I'd say that the compass looks a bit out of place. It's too clean, too "modern" for my taste to fit correctly the rest of the map. But it's the only thing I could remotely complain about.

Thanks again to all of you for the kind words.

To be honest, for me, this is more of an exercise to rejuvenate rusty illustration skills than anything else.

Time runs short, and I don't know if I can make it in time, but I'll try.

If I have enough time left by the end of the contest I might even change the somewhat out-of-place compass and relabel the thing.

What I'd also love to do is to write an e-mail to the council of Sark to get to know what they think about what I have done to their home.
    I planned this as a surprise post, but since it's no longer a surprise, I can tell you right away.

Anyway, here is the latest terraforming:

(For those interested in the story behind it: The new mountain just by the landbridge to the Pillar of Fire portion is "The Birth Mountain", where all inhabitants of the realm give birth to their children along with a priest and a midwife. The magic aura of the mountain makes the pain completely go away. A happy place, as any enchanted land should be. )

Edit: I forgot to tell you that I got rid of the stroke to emphasize the "finished" parts.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	realm_of_the_silver_sun_04.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	475.9 KB 
ID:	15003  
    Last edited by Tear; 07-21-2009 at 07:29 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Bee-yoo-tee-full!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

I'm glad I didn't enter this challenge. Nothing is more depressing than when someone else's entry is inspired and yours is forced, and try as I might, I couldn't find the inspiration for this one.

Beautiful job Tear. You have great talent in this medium.

I really dig that. Kudos!

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	realm_of_the_silver_sun_05.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	479.3 KB 
ID:	15015  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast