Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I said i was a bad artist/cartographer

Dude, it's decidedly better than craptastic. I've got a nice big pile of random pencil sketched maps hiding in files from the "Oh ****E, I'm running a D&D game next week" school of "map making".
    Last edited by Juggernaut1981; 09-29-2009 at 12:48 AM.

Remember the difference between ARTIST and DESIGNER. Your art is ... acceptable (and it can improve). Your design is very cool!

I am always trying to get people to draw their designs, even though they complain that they have no art skills.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Praise

There are a couple of things to remember when you criticize your map making ability:

1 - City maps are some of the harder and more time consuming maps to make.
    = You have to admire the time and effort that went into them.

2 - Hand drawn maps take a LOT more time for someone who does not do it on a regular basis. Even pros take time doing it. The main reason for this is that the "delete" and "redo" commands are a BITCH

All that been said, I have to echo what the others have said "good job" and "I like". You will notice that you are getting rep for this, which means that you can stop knocking your mapping abilities and get cracking and show us some more

Repped so you can stop the bad self-c&c
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Quote Originally Posted by töff View Post
    Remember the difference between ARTIST and DESIGNER. Your art is ... acceptable (and it can improve). Your design is very cool!

I am always trying to get people to draw their designs, even though they complain that they have no art skills.
    That's right! You've got it right on target--artist is different than designer. Design is hard to learn and the city design is good. It might not be artistic, but the design is solid and believable. And you can always learn art or get someone to go over and prettyify it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12