Greetings everyone, I'm also new here, and I've read the main part of this post about rep... and I'm even more confused now, than I was before I entered this thread. I'm struggling with the lingo to start, and I can't seem to access anything to figure things out.

For example... As stated in the original post... one could look at *something* in their cp to see their rep, and comments that have been left giving them rep. Well, I just learned that cp means control panel, because the above post says control panel instead of cp.

The original post talks about a set of scales that members can click on? I'm looking at all of the posts, and my own posts... I don't see a set of scales. I see the little green button under my name, and see that I have 26 rep. But I have no idea where to click on the control panel to find the comments. I'm not even sure where the control panel is. Is that my profile? I'm new to the rep based websites... as I have been without internet for the past 2-3 years.

I'm not even sure how to like a post... what am I supposed to click on to like a post?

I'm afraid some of us newbies may need to have you experts dumb things down for us. Not all of us are forum savvy, and the original post kind of assumes people understand the abbreviations and such... and we might a little more detail finding the things that you mention in your post. I know I do!