Oh I hope I kicked off a new wave of torstan tiled maps.

Maxboy that map looks great. I see that you have sprayed some light gray into the solid parts of the map which makes me feel a bit justified in trying that one. I think it works well. I was looking to see whether you used on the grid or by the grid walls but I cant make it out cos some are more on and some are less on so I take it that you did not have a snap to grid thing on when you made it. Also you must have scaled up or down some of the icons too cos the pit looks great and the 45deg walls too. I liked the use of the spiral stairs and in your map I see how that one with the wall across it works as I didn't quite get what that was all about from looking at the tile in isolation.

Thanks for the gradient Rob, I used a normal torstan one on the initial map on the right and scaled one up double size for the one next to my pit. I thought that the wall there is trapped and the floor would suddenly drop into a sliding chute down to the pit edge

I know we don't have too many ViewingDale mappers here but I wondered if anyone else was going to use it to make a similar map. I should add that when I am making the map I put a few loose icons on the map and clone them off as I need them or I can steal a clone of any bit that already been placed so it is pretty quick stuff. These tiles do make a dungeon build quite rapid !