Thread: The Caverns of the Deepening Doom

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

toff - thanks! I was going for a mix of hand drawn and archaic style with functional. If I could figure out a depth cueing device that would mix well with this I think it would be great. I tend to see things in 3D space when I am imagining them so it would be really good to come up with a method to show depth well without it overwelming the look of the piece.

Steel General - Thank you! The parchment texure is a piece I just googled for and did some overlaying on it to lighten it up some where the actual caverns are.

torstan - Glad you like it. I will try to find more hypoallergenic fonts, but this one worked for me. hehe.
    My debut novel, The Final Warden is available on Amazon.com in paperback and on Kindle.

Please visit my blog for more information about my writing and my art

Please visit my sketchbook on Conceptart.org
    TomCardin

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Not just me:

http://www.papyruswatch.com/

I love your water. What brush did you use for that? It looks almost like watercolour.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Cardin View Post
    If I could figure out a depth cueing device that would mix well with this ... really good to come up with a method to show depth well without it overwelming the look of the piece.
    A subtle color gradation might do it. Nothing rainbow .. just ... like a pale yellow for the highest, shading through to a gray-turquoise for the lowest. If you want a lot of depth, go three colors, maybe a washed-out sienna for whatever's really really low. Should be pretty easy to test out, and if you hate it, ditch it.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Like it a lot. And that's certainly a little easier on the eyes!

Those mushrooms are great.