Thread: Greetings

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Although I'm a CoC RPG fan (well 20 years ago) and board gamer I shied away from getting Arkham horror because the reviews of it were not great.
    It isn't a great game, the theme is all it has going for it. The gameplay is way to phased, overly complex and has no emphasis whatsoever on cooperation.

The alternative, which is pretty fun (although the mechanics are a little flawed) is a game called 'The House on Haunted Hill'. Great fun if there are a group of you and you've all had a few beers and want a laugh.
    I might have to check that one out, thanks.

What I am going for is more of a traditional looking board game with a strong theme that has elements of RPG. I am aiming for:
    * Under 2-hr games.
    * Strong emphasis on cooperation.
    * No Keeper/DM required
    * Reasonable focus on storyline.

I have an idea on the storytelling aspect involving small single-use card decks and it in some way resembles those old pick-a-path novels.

There are some people here who have done some superb 'haunted house' type maps - although I don't know if anyone has done any city maps in a 30s style. Shouldn't be too hard though.
    I'll have a look, lots to get through.

This will actually be my second attempt at a board game, here is mock-up I did of a pirate-themed game I did a while back:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pirate_1.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	186.1 KB 
ID:	18089  
    Last edited by GameSmith; 10-26-2009 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Switched to cg hosted image.