Thank you all

Quote Originally Posted by töff View Post
I love those broken dark blue lines around the coast.
It's fun to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General
This is really quite nice..great job!
I'm glad to have done one, now I want to do more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension
I'm not wild about the font...too many loopy bits but I don't have any better ideas either. The handmade portion is well done indeed.
This font is readable if used in large (for a title for example). But I recognize that for small text, it is not adequate, especially to overwrite symbols.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter
Didn't notice on your other version of the map, but looking at it now, the map reminds me of the shape of Alaska! Except Canada isn't there next to it.

Nice job and the hand-drawn and hand-painted work!
The resemblance to Alaska is totally unintentional. I leave FT Pro make continents, then I select those that I find attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter
I am familiar with this font you've used, I think its called "Balthazar", while it does have a hand-scripted look, Ascension's point is true in that its difficult to read - too many loops. It might be worth visiting one of the free font sites out there to search for a "hand-drawn" looking script that is easier to read.

My favorite free font site is:
http://www.acidfonts.com
I used a font named Blackadder ITC. I find my fonts on www.dafont.com.
Thank you for the acidfonts site, I'll see it.

It is true that I love this font.
Initially, I planned to calligraphy myself the texts (I also do calligraphy ).
But I abandoned the idea for several reasons : I prefer to wait to have a calligraphy materials of better quality (ink, pens) and I'm not sure it is very readable, so I don't want to spoil my map just because of the texts.
That is why I chose a handwritten font.