Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
1. You have to be able to set up a server for their Google wave federation protocol and become the wave provider hub. It has to be fantastically easy for any noob to do that. In fact you need to be able to set up a hub for just your own group. Ideally you need to set up this hub from your browser or else its not a browser only system and then becomes just like say ScreenMonkey the VTT. Also all the data only goes to that hub and no further like googles servers in some hidden way even to merely authenticate yourselves.

2. It has to have a map and token interface where adding a map is easy - i.e. not like making one for google maps.

3. The dice widgets and others tools need to be almost as good as any VTTs or better.
I(pro Maptool) never expected or want Wave to replace Maptool as a VTT. I just don't see anyone really truely putting in that kind of time OTHER than as a light weight application. Sure, there will be a few people who do up a plug in for VTT play at some point, but I highly doubt it will have the features I am looking for and have come to expect in Maptool and a few other VTT's on the market.

Also, as Notsonoble mentioned, Google has clearly stated that other entities can host private waves just as companies have total security and control over their existing email services today. That model won't change. Wave truly is the best of email/chat/document sharing into a single application. I would LOVE to see Wave become the default chat client for VTT's though for many reasons.

• Thread subscription and privacy if you want that control
  • per post/comment replies with quotation
  • per post/comment privacy to only a subset of people
  • document sharing
  • instantanious notification as someone begins typeing their reply(yes, this can be a bad thing also!!)
  • instant translation for languages someone has written a plugin for(this could be huge for RPG play with people who have various native languages, especially in a sanctioned type of event such as RPGA play. It could mean the difference between a game happening or not if you can pick up that extra player)