Thread: RPG Fan and aspiring artist

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks guys, That was sweet what you did with my map.
    About the historical stuff, yeah, but I really want to make a vintage Britannia or WOT map and hang it on my wall. In real parchment (the stuff costs like 130 for a full hide). Some day.
    I will definitely put this in WIP, or maybe it can be a community project. I like how it looks, but when it is put into world machine, it isn't scaled right. I was looking for like a 500 mile continent, and the resolution isn't good enough. Also, the islands i used to piece it together (indonesia, malaysia) had too much rain erosion and make the mountains too soft,low and tropical looking. Will continue to work on it though.

Quote Originally Posted by swotavator View Post
    want to make a vintage Britannia or WOT map and hang it on my wall. In real parchment
    Hey GAMERPRINTER do you have that material on your shelf.

Post I have various fine art papers, but...

I have access to various fine art papers, water color papers, canvas, etc, but I'll have to see if I have can print to parchment on my printer - not sure. I'll check it out this afternoon.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Map

Guys,
    This is what I mean about parchment. It was the main material for western cultures to write on till about the late 16th century, coinciding till about the time the printing press came about. The result, almost any hand-made medieval map was painted on parchment not on paper.
    This is the only place that sells real parchment: http://www.pergamena.net/index.php
    It is essentially stretched, dried and sanded goat, sheep or calf skin.
    It looks neat. The constitution was made on parchment. Much more robust than paper. Its funny, because of modern craft stores, when people think parchment they just think stained paper.

Here is a famous map painted on parchment:http://www.bodley.ox.ac.uk/users/nnj/GoughMap_large.jpg
    this is what medieval maps would look like