Thread: Story World Map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Artorosia (Story) Map

Well let's just say my map first Idea was a flop. The river system and the ability to show layout was severely flawed, My hills didn't just sit right. If I changed the colour they would blend in with the sea if I changed the perspective it destroyed other elements to my map. The lake in the centre of the map sit didn't sit right and I didn't take into account was scale or natural conditions (I.E. Position of Desert doesn't really happen, I had no concept of global position e.t.c), all things I've just started to contemplate and more due to what I have been reading around this forum. So with all these things said I decided to change what I was doing. Thanks to all who helped on the other map but like all things sometimes you have to let go and try it from a different angle.

I just realised that I had not given any background to the map. The map is based on a story I am writing. It's about 12 Kingdoms and the plot to tear them apart. Anyway if 12 Kingdoms or even 6 went on my original map the other map I think it would have been very cluttered which doesn't tie in with the story. So I have created the attached map instead. There will be at least another map of another continent to join this map with which will contain at a minimum 2 of the 12 Kingdoms.

I've been writing this story trying to come up with names but they all sound terrible and so they have changed many times.

Currently I am using Artorosia as the continents name, Artorosia is located in the southern hemisphere of the planet and the scale is 1 pixel to 1 mile. Any comments would be appreciated. Hopefully this is a better map then my last one, I used the outline of my previous map and extended it. Changed the centre island also to resemble a dragons head and joined it to the sea. If you look closely there is a little clawed hand on the central coast and the north west landmass looks a little like wings. I have tried to make it very subtle.

So round 2. I hope this is a better attempt. I've been looking at satellite images trying to get the conditions for the the western coast and don't know if I should shade it more to make it a little more arid.

Cheers
    Torg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kingdom_V4.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	510.9 KB 
ID:	18718