Quote Originally Posted by Ramah View Post
I much prefer your new mountains by the way. But let me get this straight... you drew that little sailing ship with a mouse? That's very good. I know how hard it is to draw a single line correctly with a mouse so kudos for that.
Thanks for the encouragement and yes the sailing ship was done with a mouse. I am still trying to come up with the funds to buy a wacom pad. The two things that I think that help me draw nice lines with a mouse is to ensure that I use the shift key to connect two points where ever possible. The second things is I get a nicer rounder stroke pulling the mouse towards the body so I try to move in that direction as much as possible. So I flip the image constantly and so I can stay on that angle.

Gandwarf I agree that the mountains draw a little to much attention specially now that I'm trying to draw names and travel routes. Sometimes I think I should ditch the who idea of a map created with ink and parchment and move onto a more realistic version. But I always loved reading stories with these sorts of maps. I could picture it rolled out on a desk somewhere being read by some sage. So I will persist and change the river layout and hopefully we get something more believable.

I'm just finished drawing up a couple more stylised castles to add to my map so it is progressing slowly.

Cheers
Torg